Reconnect & Relax
Camping at Calperum
Reconnect with your family and friends with your own secluded campsite alongside the beautiful backwaters and creeks of Calperum Station. Disconnect all devices and spend your days paddling along the waters, bush walking or just taking in the views.
Take advantage of Secluded campsites.
Spend the days at your leisure by the creeks and lakes of Calperum Station. Bring your canoe, kayak, dingy or tinny to get out on the serene waterways or sit back, relax and take in the unique beauty of Calperum Station.
Rest and Relaxation
Camping along the beautiful Calperum creeks and river is becoming increasingly popular as a beloved family holiday destination. Many families return year after year and tell of how much they look forward to ‘reconnecting’ at Calperum. It’s a time for the kids to leave behind anything ‘electronic’, and a time for parents to take a break from today’s busy lifestyle. From the stunning landscape to canoeing the waterways and enjoying visits from the local wildlife, every minute camping at Calperum is a family memory in the making. We are located only 15 minutes from the town of Renmark, so break out the camp ovens, swags and chairs and make your way to Calperum Station.
*Please note access is subject to weather conditions. The floodplain is not accessible during rain events.
Our Campsites Offer:
Camping at Calperum FAQ's
- Can we camp anywhere? Designated campsites are situated along the creeks of Calperum Station. We ask that you stick to the site you are allocated for the protection of our delicate environment and your safety.
- Can the doggos come camping at Calperum too? They can, as long as they stay on a leash at all times. This is for their safety as well as our wildlife, as baiting is used extensively to control feral predators. Please clean up after them too 😉
- Why can’t we just find our own fire wood on site? As you will find in most conservation environments around Australia, fallen timber forms part of the natural habitat providing homes and shelter to wildlife. The wood we supply is either responsibly and sustainably sourced or purchased from a third party.
- What if it rains? To access our creekside campsites you need to cross the Calperum Floodplain. Its very name indicates that it gets wet and while a good 4WD and experienced driver may well ‘get through’ the damage caused to the tracks and surrounds can be devastating not to mention expensive to repair. If you do get stuck a retrieval will be very expensive. So, we recommend that you keep an eye on weather forecasts prior to your trip and if in doubt contact us before heading out to the station. It is good idea to keep an eye on the radar when you are here too.
- Where is the best yabby’ing spot? No where. Yabby’ing may have been a favourite past time back in grandads day but like many things, the purpose of Calperum Station has changed and the lakes and wetlands are now protected waters. You can cast a line in the main creeks but please respect the work we do here and keep your nets and lines out of the lakes and wetlands. Fines can be issued for illegal fishing.
- Can we bring motorbikes/fireworks/guns? Fireworks and guns are a hard no and strictly prohibited. Motorbikes are only by prior approval, and at the discretion of Management.
- Is there phone reception? Telstra reception is best closest to the homestead and the strongest of the providers out on the floodplain. Check the coverage maps of your provider before coming out.
- Is there a dump-point available? No. The closest point is at the Renmark Swimming Centre, accessed via Cowra Street, Renmark.
- Can I purchase food, drink and fuel at Calperum Station? No. We recommend bringing all supplies with you, including drinking water. There are two supermarkets and multiple petrol stations in Renmark.